From the Metro
12th May 2012
What should have been a solemn occasion to mark the Egyptian man’s passing rapidly turned into a celebration once everyone got over the shock of him still being alive.
An Egyptian man shocked his family by being alive
The 28-year-old suffered a heart attack while at work and doctors at a local hospital concluded he had died.
His family took the body back to his home village of Naga al-Simman in the province of Luxor and intended to bury him on Friday evening.
They washed and prepared him for the funeral, but when a local doctor arrived to sign the death certificate, she found something strange – the body was still warm.
A more detailed examination revealed he was still very much alive.
Al-Nubi’s mother fainted after being told the news, but the doctor soon managed to wake both the mum and son, so that they could join in a party with the rest of the funeral guests.
This is not the first time medics have made this kind of mistake.
Last month, an Australian man was declared dead at the scene of a road accident in Melbourne.
His body was left in the wreckage of his Porsche as police began their examination of the scene, but an hour later emergency services workers found he still had a pulse and rushed him to hospital.